Eddsworld - The End Eddsworld - The End

Amazing.

I've always admired this series, and I figured it would have an epic conclusion (if that's really what this is). I was actually coming onto Newgrounds to look up some old Eddsworld stuff again, ironically, and I happened to find this XD I loved all the references to all the older Eddsworld episodes, and the animation was brilliant. I don't remember Tord ever having an accent though, but maybe it's just because I haven't seen an Eddsworld episode in so long... you know what, you guys did a damn awesome job on this, and I don't feel like I can stress that enough. :)

Super Mario Bros. Z (Episode 1) Super Mario Bros. Z (Episode 1)

Okay, so when I first started watching this video, I had NO idea what to expect. I'd never seen the original series, so I don't even know what inspired me to click this. I figured, "Hey, it got on the front page, and it's going to be a series, so why the heck not?"

And then I saw the Sonic characters. I was like, "What the hell?! Is this some sort of crossover fanfiction? Why would Sonic characters even be IN a Mario series?" That kind of annoyed me a little, but I decided to keep watching anyway, because the animation was absolutely beautiful.

When the episode actually started, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't any voice acting. I realize that would have made this an even bigger project, and it would have taken even longer, so I can forgive the lack of voices. I still think having voice acting would be pretty cool, but I'm willing to put up with reading text for now.

As the episode went on, I realized what an absolute gem this was. The animation contains probably the best sprite work I've ever seen, with smooth movements and real nice cinematography. Also, I found the silly slapstick humor to be quite enjoyable, and I even got a laugh out of it occasionally. The action sequences were brilliantly put together, and each action flowed nicely into each other. I'm not normally a fan of long fight scenes, but I couldn't stop watching because of the awesome animation, plus I really wanted to see what would happen next.

I thought that each character was written really well; everyone acts the way I'd expect them to. At first I thought Luigi was way too cowardly, but then when he tried to sacrifice himself for Mario, I actually felt SAD. And I don't normally cry over stuff like that! Maybe it was the music? By the way, the music was also really nice. I have to give you props for using Undertale music XD

All in all, this was WAY better than I thought it was going to be, and I'm so glad I watched this. I can't wait for the next episode-- heck, I might as well watch the original now. You've officially impressed me.

~Lulu

Crazy Customer Delight Crazy Customer Delight

"I NEED TO EAT. I NEED TO EAT... TO LIVE!" XD I think this is my favorite video of yours of all time ^w^

The Cloud The Cloud

Okay, I'm going to be honest with you. This is not one of your best games.

First of all, the sound effects were way too loud, and the first time I hit the space bar, the sound was so loud that it actually startled me. The pixelized art style was kind of cool, and the grey colors really made it feel depressing. But then I went into the first cloud segment. I saw the happy faces raining down and I thought, "Oh, I'm supposed to get those so I can overcome my depression." But the second I touched one, I DIED.

And that's where the "message" comes in. What were you even trying to say here? That people who are depressed should just STAY depressed until they ultimately kill themselves? That's pretty horrible. I'm not saying you're encouraging suicide here, but that seems to be what this game is hinting at.

In addition, we feel pretty much no sympathy for the character since we don't even know who he is or what he's depressed about. In order to make the player feel sad for the characters, you actually have to set them up first.

All in all, this isn't a terrible game, but it's horribly flawed. I would highly suggest improving the graphics and controls slightly (the character's movement felt kind of slidey), make the character relatable, and don't end it on a "depressed people should kill themselves" message. Again, I'm not accusing you of encouraging suicide, but that's about all I got out of playing this game.

JackAstral responds:

It was saying that this one particular character avoided happiness, not that you SHOULD avoid happiness.

I'll keep your suggestions on sound effects, ect. in mind !

Super Chibi Knight Super Chibi Knight

I really like this game so far! The graphics are cute and simple, just like the first game, and there seems to be a lot more to do now. The only problem I have is that I keep mixing up the attack and jump buttons. I'll be trying to fight an enemy and end up jumping around like an idiot. That's probably just me though XD So far, I haven't been able to change my class yet, which I assume is going to affect the special move. I guess I just need to keep playing then! :)

BoMToons responds:

Yes yes yes! Also, try plugging in a gamepad!

Project: Princess Project: Princess

Wow, I enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would! There's just so many ways to customize your daughter, and the references alone make this game completely enjoyable. I got kind of a lame ending (cooking and cleaning for the rest of my life), so I can't wait to play this again and see what other endings I can get!

All in all, this is an awesome game. It may not look like much at first, but it eventually grows on you and you learn to love it... insert sentimental speech here and all that.

Edd's Crappy Song Edd's Crappy Song

LOL I loved this trumpet loop too!

I'm gonna miss these submissions :( I'll enjoy them while I still can

Pokemon GSC - Champion battle! Pokemon GSC - Champion battle!

Another one of these remixes! I can tell I can expect great things from you.

I never would have beaten Lance and Red without my Pokémon... especially you, Chikorita... <3

MyVGworld responds:

Well thank you! and you're welcome! :P

B7 Lance Battle Final Remaster B7 Lance Battle Final Remaster

MAAAAN!

Awesome theme!!! I like how you put the GameBoy Music in, and then transitioned it into ear-bleeding heavy metal. I'm partial to the Dragonite crys, mostly because I haven't heard its cry in so long that I barely knew what it sounds like, but I remember those freakin' Dragonite!!! Does he HAVE to have THREE of them?!?!

I only beat Lance 2 times in my entire life. Both times were a few of the most epic moments of my life. This guy kicked my ass with 3 Dragonite, a Charizard, a Gyarados, and an Aerodactyl many a time... He robbed me of all my money and items, though I didn't even get to use most of them because he destroyed all my Pokemon too fast for me even to SEE. And now that I've finally beat him, Red has taken his place.

Ho-Oh and Lugia are the ones I must thank, as well as Poliwrath, Hypno, Electrode, Gyarados, and of course my beloved Meganium... man, we've been through so much.